About Yale Doorman
Yale Doorman is the market leader in electronic doorlocks suited for Scandinavian exterior doors.
The doorlock is a Do-It-Yourself-product for handy people, but you can also get help with the installation from an onesti partner.
Yale Doorman and Onesti
Remote and full control of the front door from the onesti App. Yale Doorman Electronic Door Lock with unique codes for residents and guests, solves a number of everyday problems, and offers new possibilities to upcoming new services.
• With onesti App, you can give access to your home to others even when you are not at home
• Family members do not have to keep track of keys
• You do not have to bring traditional keys for jogging or walking the dog
• Get notification on who is coming home when you're away
• No worries - You can easily check if the door is locked
• If you have an onesti house alarm installed, you can deactivate the alarm simultaneously as you are locking up your Yale Doorman, using the same pin. You can also activate the house alarm.
• All functionalities in the Yale Doorman are available from the onesti APP, for example the autolock function.
Advanced settings for Yale Doorman in Onesti App (Auto relock, part of alarmsytem etc.):
Navigation: Left menu/ Devices/ Yale Doorman/ Advanced
Yale Doorman, user manual and installation guide (the doorlock)
Installation guide (how to connect Yale Doorman to Onesti)
Applies to radio module type 1.5
- Delete the door lock in the Onesti app. Go to the "Device List" menu and select the door lock. Select "Delete" and the device will be deleted
- Loosen the battery cover on the door lock and remove the batteries.
- Remove the module
- Loosen the internal unit from the mounting plate by unscrewing all four screws, see picture 1
- Change the position of the Easy / Advanced mode switch. See picture 2
- Fit the internal unit to the mounting plate
- Replace the batteries
- The lock starts up and says "Add a new master code". Select a 6-digit code and confirm with the P button. See picture 3. See also the Yale Doorman user guide.
- Remove a battery and insert the module (the module is installed under the batteries in defined place). Replace the battery.
- Place the HomeGate by the door lock (max. 1.5m distance during pairing) and set the HomeGate in pair mode. Do this in the Onesti app in the "Device list" menu. To add a new device, select the plus (+) character. Diode # 1 flashes on the HomeGate.
- Press and hold the reset button on the module for 10 sec. Then release. The HomeGate will now pulsate on diode 1-8. This indicates that pairing is initiated. This may take up to 2-3 min.
- Follow the procedure in the app when the initialization is complete. Add name, room and floor. (Note! You cannot control the lock yet.) The lock will show on the Dashboard in the app, in the room you have chosen.
- Having the door in an open position, press # master code (from point 8) and #. Example: # 555500 # The lock should now say "Integration Activated" This means that the module is now integrated with the Yale Doorman.
- In the app menu "Users", you can now add a door lock access to existing users and new users.
- The Yale Doorman should now be registered correctly, and hereby available through the Onesti app.
Picture 1 – Loosen internal unit from mounting plateRemove four screws marked with yellow
Picture 2 – Switch for modus Easy/Advanced
Picture 3 – P button